Contact Daniel

Friday, February 17, 2012

One Year

Remember this?? Mar. 25, 2011 when I
"won" the Jerusalem Marathon
It's time to celebrate! My blog has turned ONE! From our small beginnings on Feb. 17, 2011, we have grown up and matured into a blogging machine! Well, not quite. But still, we have traversed many, many milestones together, some good, some scary. But we have had so much fun.

My blogging days began with an announcement that mommy was going to run in the Jerusalem Marathon! She did so because a. she is a little nutty, b. to raise support for Shalva, where I go to school, and c. to inspire me that I too can do difficult things if I work hard. And if there is a lot of prayer involved especially when embarking on something as harebrained as running 26.2 miles!


Here I am surrounded by older kids!
It was Elan's 6th birthday on Thursday

So on this auspicious occasion of my first full year of blogging, mommy decided to sign up to run again! Only this time, (just three months post-Lucas' birth on race day, March 16) no records will be set as she is only in for the 10k. Not that any records were set last time. However, this year perhaps I will best my own record. Last year, at 7 months old, I was probably the youngest human ever to cross the marathon finish line.

This year mommy has bigger plans: She is not going to carry me through - she is going to hold my hand as I walk through! That's the hope anyway. 


Pasta night! I'm already carbing up for my big 10-k finish!
If you are interested in supporting our goals and Shalva, where I go to school everyday, you can sponsor mommy in this run. Last year, everyone was so generous. And that benefitted me directly, which really paid off since I have made so much progress. The proof is in the pudding, pun intended! Here is the link to mommy's information if you want to contribute. If you want to learn more about Shalva, besides what you see on my blog, you can click here and read about all the wonderful things that the organization provides.

At Shalva I learned to eat with a spoon
without throwing it. Sometimes. 
And I learned to eat with my hands. Some (mommy)
might not be as thrilled with this particular skill.
In the last year I have stoically maintained the Baby Code, keeping all baby secrets from adults. I stealthily kept from you, my dear readers, all sorts of mysteries and insights into the minds of babies. But I have invited you to take a peek into my life with all my antics, progress, messes, fun and shenanigans.

And now, in honor of our one-year anniversary, let's take a stroll down memory lane, shall we? Click on the headlines to go to the link (Aunt Beanie!):

In the Beginning

The Jerusalem Marathon!

More on the Marathon including Video of my Famous Finish

Getting Ready for my Big Day








No comments:

Post a Comment